In the short video below, Walter Sinnott-Armstrong, professor of philosophy at Duke University draws upon his experience teaching Think Again: How to Reason and Argue on Coursera and goes over the 10 steps to developing an online course:
- Build a syllabus
- Divide the syllabus into segments
- Write a script for each segment
- Set up the equipment (microphone, writing board, lighting, etc.)
- Record the segment
- Edit and enhance
- Ensure permission has been obtained for any outside material (pictures, film segments, etc.)
- Create quizzes
- Upload the material
- Monitor the discussion forums
While MOOCs are increasingly diverse, Walter Sinnott-Armstrong gives a good idea of what creating a typical course entails.
Write a comment below or share this post!